Michigan Jaguars Social Media Policy
Michigan Jaguars FC recognizes the importance of the Internet in shaping the public’s perception of our organization. We also recognizes the importance of our executive directors, coaches, staff, volunteers and players in leading and setting the tone of social media interactions in a manner that is acceptable to Michigan Jaguars FC standards.
This Social Media Policy applies to all executive directors, coaches, staff, volunteers and players. This Social Media Policy applies to all social media content posted by Michigan Jaguars FC staff members in their professional and personal lives.
All Michigan Jaguars FC persons shall abide by the following guidelines when using social media:
- Be positive and respectful, and always take the high road. When disagreeing with others’ opinions, remain appropriate and polite. If you find yourself in a situation online that is becoming antagonistic, ask the Michigan Jaguars Board of Directors for advice on how to disengage from the dialogue in a polite and respectful manner.
- Do not post content that would harm or damage your reputation or that of the Michigan Jaguars. Remember that even while you are on your own personal time, you are a representative of the club, and people may interpret your online postings or social interactions as though they were official club statements.
- Use good judgment when posting comments on any official Michigan Jaguars sites. Bear in mind that your comments can create liability for the club. If you are unsure whether a comment is appropriate to post, do not post it.
- Be smart about what you publish. Once something is posted, it exists online forever. Ask yourself, “would I want to see this published in the newspaper or posted on a billboard tomorrow or ten years from now?” If the answer is “no,” do not post.
- Encourage others to engage in positive interactions on social media. If you are concerned about any Michigan Jaguars Member’s use of social media, please bring your concerns to the attention to the Board of Directors.
- Personally identifiable information (information, such as a name and date of birth and/or a street address which, when taken together, can identify a particular individual) should not be disclosed in any manner on social networking sites.
Violations of the Social Media Policy
The Board of Directors shall have the authority to monitor and enforce this Social Media Policy. The Board of Directors, and any individual appointed by the Board of Directors, shall have the authority to remove any inappropriate or offensive comments from official Michigan Jaguars sites and to block any individual or organization from posting on any official social media platform if they determine that such removal or block is in the best interests of the club or persons involved.
The failure of any Michigan Jaguars FC Member to adhere to this Social Media Policy shall be considered a violation, and shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of such individual’s involvement in the Michigan Jaguars FC club.